Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wookout Cookout Part Deux!

We had the 2nd ever Wookout Cookout this evening. As far as I am concerned it was a big hit. Basically what inspired this was that I realized a little while ago we had not been together as a group in a while.

All the Deuce guys (and their wives) had to be there, and they were. Ty showed up first and Shawn shortly thereafter. Tom and Jill were next, followed by Dave and Steph as well as Mikey and Ashley (you look great with weight you have lost). For those of you who don't what the Deuce is, that is another story for another day. Needless to say, some of the best and most important events of my life are somehow tied in to the Deuce guys.

The star of the show, besides all of the wonderful food (btw Steph your baked beans rocked!), was my son. You give him a crowd, and he is in his element. He was playing in the sandbox, riding his tricycle, playing catch with anybody who would throw him a ball. He had a great time with everyone. His faves were definitely Jill, Tom and Ty. He started asking where "Uncle" Ty was right after he left. He loves Jill because she will read with him, play in the sandbox with him, whatever. I think he like Tom b/c he reminds him of me. He had a blast.

We have plenty of leftovers to munch on for a few days. Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! The most important thing to me was seeing all of my friends. The food was just gravy (no pun intended). I hope we don't go so long between get-togethers next time.

It is such a blessing to count them as friends. They are closer to family than friends. If they don't know that, I am telling them now. You guys rock!

Till next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment