Monday, May 25, 2009

Where do I start?

Been a while since I posted. Lots on my mind. We will just go stream of consciousness tonight.

Out for the summer. Going to spend it with my son. Looking forward to it.

On that same line of thought, I really don't like this time of year because many of my colleagues and friends lose their jobs this time of year. I have been in their shoes and it sucks. Good luck to all of them in the future.

Another Memorial Day has come and gone. A special thanks to those families whose loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms.

My beloved Celtics lost to Orlando in 7 games. Surprised it took so long. I am totally rooting for the Magic and Nuggets in this round of the playoffs because I am sick of all this Kobe and Lebron stuff. Kobe v. Lebron has been a foregone conclusion since the playoffs started. Like ESPN ever beats a story to death. The NBA and ESPN will throw up on their collective shoes if there is a Magic-Nuggets finals. I hope it happens.

Even though I don't watch AI, I enjoyed Simon Cowell pouting after his boy Adam Lambert didn't win. Classic! I just don't like it when people in his position openly play favorites. Kind of like the ESPN folks.

I am hosting a get together this Saturday with friends I don't get to see nearly enough. It is hard for us to get together since we live on opposite sides of town. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sure have been seeing a whole bunch of John Schneider (Bo Duke) lately. I actually watched him in Lake Placid 2 on SciFi. Did you know there will be an LP 3? Right now I am watching him in Shark Swarm on the Hallmark Channel with co-stars Darryl Hannah and Armand Assante. It is cheesy, but I can't stop myself.

Going to the Rickwood Classic Wednesday afternoon. The Chicago White Sox's AA affiliate, the Birmingham Barons, host this game every year at the oldest continually operating ballpark in the country. The game starts at 12:30. You ought to go if you have a chance. It is a lot of fun. It will be even better when the refurbishing of the field, as well as the construction of a Negro League Museum is completed. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment