Sunday, February 28, 2010

What's in a name?

Most of you already know this, but the lovely Mrs. Wookiee and I are going to be parents again this June. It is going to be a girl and the wife is thrilled. I am thrilled and scared to death at the same time.

I know how to deal with a boy, I have been one all my life. I know how boys think. They are goofy and stupid but can be controlled.

Girls on the other hand are a whole different ball of wax. Girls get their daddies wrapped around their little finger as soon as they are born, eventually get to be teenage girls, they get all emotional (funny how that never changes from that point forward), and start liking boys. Good thing my boy Tom and his lovely wife Jill just had a beautiful daughter. After our daughter is born, perhaps he and I can get some sort of discount on shotguns. I guess I will figure out to raise her as we go?

The most pressing issue is what to name the kid. We had a name all set, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like it. So Imade my feeling known and we have got it narrowed down to either Savannah or Emma for a first name and Nicole or Grace for a middle name. We have tossed different combinations back and forth and are almost ready to commit to one.

The last thing we want to do is saddle her with a name that she will hate us for. I mean, she will have plenty of reasons for hating us when she gets older but I do not want her name to be one of them.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Congrats to my best mate Dave and his wife Steph on their 6th wedding anniversary.

5 comments:

  1. I vote for Emma.

    Love,

    Mrs. Wookiee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Grace is pretty. May I toss in my middle name in the hat? Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Emma Grace- sounds so sweet. Savannah Fulaytar will never fit on the back of a soccer jersey! :>) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, i guess Wicket is out of the question... but as long as lorelei or addison isn't in your final choices, we're fine. i like emma. i know two savannah babies now, so emma is better for me, and really, that's what its all about.

    ReplyDelete